Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Dinner for a mixed crowd

So fellow bloggers, I have to cook up a dinner for Sunday night this weekend, for 8 people that includes 2 vegetarians. I need to make sure there's enough vegetarian fare without making the non-vegetarians feel deprived or too challenged. I'm wavering between two menus:

Menu 1:
Porcini tart
Grilled asparagus/spring onions
Chickpea with carmelized onions and escarole
Baked ziti

Menu 2:
Vegetarian curry (chickpeas, cauliflower, green peas, tofu)
Brown rice
Okra sauteed with ginger, cumin etc.
Raita like cucumber salad

Any thoughts, suggestions, modifications? ...

1 comment:

Eli Stefanski said...

Sounds yummy -- but I think it depends on the nature of your non-vegetarians. If the carnivores are like me (the could bat for either team), then I would go with Menu 2. It is creative and adventurous vegetarian food which anyone would love.

If your carnivores are more likely to miss meat I would go for menu 1. Its food that could make you feel like the meat is there (mushroom, eggs, pasta) and it is more likely to be familiar.